For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
- “Agent” means any third party that uses Personal Information provided by Discern.io to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Discern Corporation
- “Discern.io” means Discern Corporation, its subsidiaries, divisions and groups in the United States of America.
- “Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of Discern.io to identify an individual. Personal information does not include information that is encoded, anonymized or aggregated, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Discern.io collects information provided to us through our Public Site or our Products.
Products: Our Products assist Customers with CRM analytics and forecasting. Access to our Products is restricted to registered Customers with whom Discern.io have an ongoing contractual relationship and their designated authorized users. Information provided when a potential customer registers for any of our online services or uses our applications is personally identifiable. Customer and Discern.io enter into agreements that govern the use, confidentiality and security of the data. Depending on use cases, Personal Information may or may not be collected or processed.
PURPOSE AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Discern.io may use Personal Information for operational, legal, administrative, and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Providing you with requested products or services.
- Providing you with information regarding similar products or events.
- Analyzing and monitoring extent of use and enhancing Discern.io’s Products.
- Providing customized product and service information.
- Allowing users to participate voluntarily in mailings or other events.
- Providing product service updates, information, and alerts.
- Sending communications, including for marketing or other customer satisfaction purposes.
- To contact users for information verification purposes.
- Conducting due diligence activities for financial institutions and other regulated companies.
Because of the nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to minors, and therefore Discern.io do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children under 16. If Discern.io are aware that information is being provided by a person under the age of 16 Discern.io will not collect the information.
DISCLOSING INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Discern.io does not disclose or share any Personal Information with third parties. Discern.io also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, Discern.io is potentially liable.
INTERNATIONAL SITE VISITORS
If you are visiting our Public Site from outside the United States, you expressly and affirmatively consent to transferring your Personal Information to Discern.io in the United States, where it will be maintained and processed on our servers. You acknowledge and agree that the level of data protection in the United States may not be equal to the level of protection under the laws of other countries.
The Personal Information submitted through the Public Site that is transferred to Discern.io in the United States will be used to respond to your requests for information.
The Personal Information submitted through our Products is transferred to Discern.io in the United States will be used to support the functions necessary to deliver our Products and services.
EU AND SWISS-US PRIVACY SHIELD
HOW TO ACCESS OR UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Individuals whose personal data is processed by Discern.io have the right under Privacy Shield to access, correct or delete their Personal Information. If you provided information through our Public Site you may contact us at info@Discern.io.
OUR SECURITY MEASURES
Discern.io has physical, administrative, and technical safeguards in place to help protect the personal information Discern.io collects. While there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure the safety of your Personal Information.
While Discern.io take steps to protect your Personal Information, you also play a role in protecting your information. You can help to maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your log-on information or password with anyone. If Discern.io receive instructions using your log-on information and password Discern.io will assume that the instructions have been authorized by you.
ENFORCEMENT AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Discern.io has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Updated July 1, 2020